Saturday, April 27, 2013

Khayelitsha-Auditorium

This was a project/tender I completed alongside my college, TAG443 (The Academy of Guilds).  The brief was to design an auditorium fit for conferences as well as to serve for educational purposes in the township of Khayelitsha.
 
The design of the building took form to that of the "baby grand' piano. Where one side of the roof would be elevated and slightly overlapping the roof of the other, obtaining the look of the mentioned piano when in use.
 
Although we completed the work on time, the college was not awarded the tender and the effort put in was simply added to my portfolio of works.
 
It was about a week ago that my lecturer contacted me, asking me to enter a certain student competition. The brief was to enter a piece of work completed during your studies showing your involvement of Graphisoft- ArchiCAD and your functional capabilities within the software.
                                                        
It just so happens that I actually got into the finals of the competition and came joint third place in south Africa. (see link-->  http://archicadsa.org/2013/04/25/stud-comp-13-tag-andrew-strickland/ )
 
So this project wasn't a waist after all!
 
I actually cant wait to participate in another competition. Its time to move forward!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete